This is the 3.5" Raspberry Pi Primary Display Cape, a small touch-sensitive screen that attaches directly onto your Raspberry Pi and displays the primary output like what is normally sent to the HDMI or Composite output. It features an integrated Resistive Touch panel, enabling the Primary Display Cape to function with the Raspberry Pi without the need for a mouse.
Communication between the 3.5" Primary Display Cape and the Raspberry Pi is interfaced with a high speed 48Mhz SPI connection, which utilizes an on-board processor for direct command interpretation and SPI communication compression, and features a customized DMA enabled kernel. This combination allows this display to output 17FPS when displaying a typical image/video, and can achieve higher depending if the image can be compressed.
The Primary Display Cape is designed to work with the Raspbian Operating System running on the Raspberry Pi, as that is the official Raspberry Pi operating system.
The Primary Display Cape features a breakout header (P2), which enables all of the Raspberry Pi GPIO pins to be accessed while the cape is connected. These can be access with jumper wires or with an IDC ribbon cable.
- Universal 3.5” Primary Display for the Raspberry Pi
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi A, B and B+
- 480x320 QVGA Resolution
- RGB 65K true to life colors
- TFT Screen with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel
- Display full GUI output / primary output
- High Speed 48MHz SPI connection
- 17 Frames per second (FPS)
- Powered directly off the Raspberry Pi
- 4x corner plates with 2.6mm holes for mechanical mounting
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good